Friday, June 15, 2012

Happy Birthday to ME!

So Brandon and I started the tradition of going on awesome birthday dates back when we were dating, and now it's something we both really look forward to each year. But it can be a little intimidating because we both try to set the bar super high, like for his birthday last year, we went indoor skydiving. It was amazing. And a few months before that, he took me scuba diving in a geothermal crater down in Midway. Also amazing. 

I was incredibly spoiled this year. Brandon took me to the zoo where we saw these little beauties! The man totally gets me. I loved it!
We could have fed the giraffes, but it cost an extra $100.00.
(which I happily spent later that day)
Waiting for the elephant show. They love popcorn. Who knew?!

Say "cheesy!"
Then we took a walk around a beautiful park by the zoo. I was thinking it was dinner and then home, but Brandon surprised me by oh-so-casually bringing up the fact that we were close to City Creek Center, the newest biggest fanciest mall in Utah, and why don't we go check it out? I lit up like a Christmas tree. You see, Brandon hates shopping. I, on the other hand, most certainly do not. So this was a big deal for us. Needless to say, we spent the next few hours re-vamping my wardrobe. It was fantastic. 

Our delicious dinner at the Blue Lemon at City Creek Center 



 It was a perfect day. Not just because I got to see exotic animals, eat delicious food, and buy adorable clothes all in one day. It was mostly because we were both just so happy to be hanging out, and I could tell Brandon loves to make me smile. We both genuinely enjoy being together and doing things for each other, and I don't think that's going to change any time soon. Thanks for an amazing birthday yet again babe. Home run.


No comments:

Post a Comment