Friday, November 16, 2012

Shout Out To My Man

A few weeks ago, I was talking to some friends and a few of them mentioned how annoyed they get when people post those "obnoxious" facebook statuses about how great their boyfriends/husbands are and how they are just "rubbing their perfect relationships in our faces". In my head I was thinking, "Okay, nobody has a perfect relationship, and what's wrong with being happy and writing about it?" 
 Sorry if this offends anyone, but I would much rather read a post like that than some of the other things people decide to put on facebook. But this post is not about facebook, it's about choosing to see the good in your spouse and working for a happy marriage and not making fun of others for doing so. And today I read this post from an old college friend's blog and decided to jump on the love train...for lack of a better analogy :) So if you are one of those people who get bugged when people brag about their husbands, please stop reading now. Because the following are just a few of the things that I absolutely adore about mine.

  • Brandon is funny. He makes me laugh every single day. I can't even begin to express how much that means to me. 
  • He motivates me. And he does it in a nice, not-naggy sort of way, which is exactly how I need to be motivated.
  • He sets a good example.
  • He is really nice to animals.
  • He makes me feel smart, meaning he values my opinion and advice.
  • He tells me that I'm beautiful, and what girl doesn't need that every once in a while?
  • He has the best smile. And eyes. 
  • He is a hard worker.
  • He is a kind person. 

And I'll stop there so I don't get too "obnoxious". But in my opinion, the world could use a little more positive thinking. So take it or leave it. 

This little mighty mouse firefighter doll ended up costing like $20 at our town's annual carnival, but I was having so much fun popping balloons with those darts that B didn't mind one bit.

1 comment:

  1. I love this. :) You're exactly right. We NEED more appreciation and love and less nit-picky!

    ReplyDelete