Sunday, April 8, 2012

It's A Love Story


For those who are interested, and for future posterity, the following is a recount of Brandon's and my meeting, falling in love, and the first year of marriage. It's probably going to take some time and a few posts, but I really think it's important to remember where you came from to know where you're going :) Plus it's fun to go back to those times!

I've decided to start at the first day of art class, where we met. I came in late, of course, and walked way too far into the classroom looking for a seat and everyone was staring at me. I was looking around for a seat in the back, by itself, far away from people, because I generally don't like making small talk and pretending to be nice when really it's too dang early to be in school anyway and I hadn't even showered yet, but no dice. I was about to say "screw it, I'll take art next semester...in the afternoon." when I turned around and there was an empty seat between two boys, one of which had a very striking smile and was gesturing to the seat next to him giving me a thumbs up. I immediately regretted the not showering decision, took my seat for the next semester, and turned the charm on. I decided that from then on, I would dress extra cute on Mondays Wednesdays and Fridays.



Well, needless to say, we both bombed that class because we were too busy playing games on our phones and shamelessly flirting with each other to pay attention to our professor(which was actually a TV screen...like he wasn't even in the building, so come on). Even our first date involved skipping art to go to IHOP. A couple weeks into the class, we decided that we were so bored and kind of hungry, so I suggested IHOP, which was just down the road, and Brandon immediately stood up and waited patiently for me to put all my stuff in my backpack. Except he was actually really embarrassed and felt like he was standing up for like ten minutes. I'll admit I could have gone faster, but it was funny to watch him squirm :) So we hopped into our matching gold toyota camrys and drove away (yeah, we noticed the first day that our cars were identical, so pretty much our fate was sealed). I'm still smiling thinking about our waitress saying "it's okay, he can get dinner" as we were both arguing over who would be paying the check. He used that line to land a second date with yours truly and the rest, as they say, is history...which will be documented shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment