Wednesday, May 16, 2012

My Man Loves Me


Hy handsome husband loves me,
and this is why: 


You may be thinking "Dang, that is one EMPTY fridge!" But don't worry, Wednesday is grocery day :) You may also be attempting to figure out why this sad little fridge is in any way indicative of my husband's love for me. Allow me to explain. 

Last night, Brandon left to play basketball at the church around 9. He usually doesn't get home till around 11 on Tuesdays, so I settled in for some lazy time watching 16 And Pregnant, which I would not be caught dead watching with him around. I'm even a little embarrassed to admit that I was watching it now. But that's beside the point. Lacey was keeping me company on the couch, when about 30 minutes into the show, I felt something warm and wet creep it's way onto my foot. Yeah, it was definitely pee. She was just...peeing! Just right there on the couch cushion! Our curtain even got a good dose of it too!

 I was instantly furious (which could have been brought on by the ridiculously obnoxious people on the show I was watching), threw Lacey into her kennel, and proceeded to storm around the house looking for cleaning supplies. I stripped the couch, took down the curtain and threw them in the washer, only to find out that we were completely out of detergent. Awesome. It was then that I realized that we were also out of hand soap, dish soap, toilet paper, food for us, and food for puppy. All at the same time! Also, it was my night to do the dishes and of course I hadn't started. It was the perfect storm. So naturally, I called Brandon to "ask him to bring home detergent". In other words, to complain about our messy house, which was as much my fault as it was his. He said sorry, that he should have taken Lacey out before he left, and that he would try to remember the laundry soap when he came home. 

Then I moped around, forced myself to clean the kitchen, washed the cushion and curtain in water, and went to bed. When I got up around 11:00 to let Brandon in, he gave me a big hug, a kiss, and a pint of milk. He said he went to Kmart for the detergent but they were already closed, so he went to the gas station to get me some milk. His words were "Sorry I couldn't get the detergent babe, but I at least wanted to make sure you could eat breakfast in the morning." So glad my man knows that my mood is almost always directly affected by how much food is in my belly. Especially in the mornings. 

This story might sound trivial, but I think the seemingly trivial things in life are the things most worth remembering. I love that Brandon thought to do something nice for me when I was having a "rough" night. I also love that he just walked in the door holding Gain and a fresh bag of dog food for our baby. Ladies, it pays to go for the nice guys. 



No comments:

Post a Comment